Waldorf AstoriaLegendary Brand Coming to Miami
Soon-To-Be Tallest Tower South of New York City
Hi, Joel Greene here from Condo Hotel Center. Even if you’ve never been to New York City, you’ve surely heard of its most famous hotel, the Waldorf Astoria. It has an interesting back-story.
The original Waldorf was built by William Waldorf Astor in 1893. It was 13 stories tall. His cousin, John Jacob Astor IV, built a 17-story hotel named the Astoria next door to outdo him.
The two feuded for a while and then finally made peace. They decided to connect the two hotels by way of a long hallway, the famous Peacock Alley corridor, making it the biggest hotel in the world. They changed the name to Waldorf=Astoria; the equal sign, eventually phased out, symbolized the bridge between the two.
Now, more than a century later, the Waldorf Astoria brand lives on, and it’s soon to take shape in the form of an elegant Miami condominium tower. Read on for details.
A Legacy Brand
Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences Miami will be a 100-story, 1,049-foot skyscraper. The tower will be composed of nine offset glass cubes, designed to become the tallest tower south of New York City!
A mixed-use building, it will include ground-floor retail, 360 condo residences, and a 205-key, five-star hotel operated by Hilton Worldwide, (Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a division of Hilton Hotels). The hotel units are not for sale. The condo residences are, and that’s what I’m able to offer you today.
Waldorf Astoria will offer a full complement of amenities and services including:
- Signature, full-service spa
- Fitness center with private training studio
- Waldorf Astoria kids’ club
- Signature restaurant
- All-day dining brasserie
- Private residential pool and deck with whirlpools, lounging areas
- Waldorf Astoria resort-style pool with outdoor café and cabanas
- Shuttle to Waldorf Astoria private beach club on Miami Beach
- Porte cochère with 24-hour valet service
- 24-hour doormen, lobby attendants, concierge and security
- The Club—a fully-equipped business facility including offices, boardroom, conference rooms, lounge and reception desk
- Owners lounge with billiard, entertainment room, catering kitchen
- Private bar/wine-tasting room
- Pre-function and function spaces
- Peacock Alley: library, private bar and board rooms
Condo owners at Waldorf Astoria will also have access to numerous a la carte services ranging from housekeeping and laundry to pet services, car detailing and personal fitness training.
An Amazing Location
The Waldorf Astoria will be just a short distance from Brickell Ave., South Beach, Wynwood Art District, Design District and Miami Worldcenter.
- Minutes from the Miami International Airport
- Convenient to I-95 and I-395
- Brightline Trains — New trains transporting visitors from Miami to Orlando in 3 hours with expansion coming
- Metrorail and Metromover stations
Also near the Waldorf Astoria location is:
- The American Airlines Arena – NBA Miami Heat and year-round concerts
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
- Freedom Tower – Contemporary art museum
- Maurice A. Ferré Park – 30-acre public park
- Perez Art Museum – modern and international art
- Miami Bayside – Miami’s #1 visited attraction; shops, restaurants, bars
- Port of Miami – Largest cruise ship passenger port in the world
- Brickell City Centre – $1.05 billion shopping, dining, entertainment area
- Bayfront Park – 32-acre public park
35 Different Floor Plans
The Waldorf Astoria Residences are not your typical, cookie-cutter condos. They come in 35-different-sized floor plans and include a selection of studios and one-to-four bedrooms. The residences will offer unobstructed views of the Miami skyline, Miami Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
They’ll range in size from 500 to 13,000 sq. ft. and prices go from $700,000 to $35 million. Construction is expected to begin in spring 2022 and to be complete sometime in 2025.
Want to know more? Request my detailed data sheet below.
Waldorf Astoria Trivia
I told you the story behind the Waldorf Astoria at the top. Here are some more interesting facts:
The Empire State Building now stands where the original Waldorf Astoria was built in 1893. Its successor, the current Waldorf Astoria New York, was built on Park Avenue in 1930.
Every U.S. president since Herbert Hoover has stayed in the Waldorf Astoria’s presidential suite. To this day, the suite contains JFK’s favorite rocking chair, Jimmy Carter’s eagle desk set, and other presidential memorabilia.
The Waldorf Salad – apples, celery, grapes, walnuts on a bed of lettuce – was created at the hotel in the mid-1890s.
In the 1930s the hotel was the first to offer room service to its guests.
Many notable people have called the hotel home including Marilyn Monroe, Cole Porter, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Sophia Loren, Jerry Lewis and Frank Sinatra.
In 2012, the hotel announced an amnesty period during which any stolen item could be returned without penalty. They received hundreds of Do Not Disturb signs, ashtrays, china and cutlery taken as souvenirs. (I’m still waiting for Motel 6 to offer amnesty before I send in my towels.)
Again, if you’re interested in Waldorf Astoria Residences Miami, request my data sheet. Or if there’s a different type of property you’re looking for in Florida, give me a call. I’m happy to tell you what’s available.
Have a nice day.
Want to know more about me? Click below:
© Condo Hotel Center. All rights reserved. No portion of this Property Alert newsletter may be reproduced, exhibited or distributed without the express written permission of Condo Hotel Center. Condo Hotel Center takes copyright infringement seriously. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Although Condo Hotel Center believes the information contained in this Property Alert newsletter to be accurate and complete, Condo Hotel Center can make no such guarantee. All features and descriptions are subject to change.
Please speak with your personal legal and financial advisors to determine whether this property is suitable for your objectives.