Solterra Gated Community in Davenport, Florida
Homes with Pools Start at $342,990
March 13, 2014
Joel Greene here from Condo Hotel Center. As I type this, my wife and kids are in the other room packing their bags. We’re headed to one of our favorite destinations this weekend, Orlando. We typically make the trek, about 3.5 hours from our Miami home, about once or twice a year.
What we love about Central Florida is that besides the great weather, there’s so much to do: awesome theme parks, world-class golf (my handicap is almost as low as my weight), incredible outlet shopping, plenty of great restaurants and so much more.
Today’s featured property is a residential community of single-family homes just outside Orlando. It’s close enough to all the popular attractions but far enough from the day–to-day traffic they bring. Read on for details.
A Gated Community
Solterra is a 273-acre development in Davenport, Florida, which is a 30- to 45-minute drive to Disney World and other area attractions. An upscale gated community, it features one- and two-story single-family vacation homes with pools and heated spas.
The first phase of Solterra is currently being built. It will have 350 homes and 82 townhomes, as well as a spectacular clubhouse and pool area. The developer has just released the lots/homes for sale, so prices are at the ground-floor level.
Construction on the Solterra community began in June 2013. The clubhouse and other amenities are nearly complete and will open on April 1, 2014.
Amenities within the development include:
- 5,800 sq. ft. clubhouse with juice bar, club room and fitness center
- 6,000 sq. ft. resort-style pool with beach entry and water slide
- Plenty of cabanas around the pool area
- Sports courts (tennis, basketball & volleyball)
- Children’s playground
- Picnic area
A Great Location
Solterra is located in the city of Davenport. It’s less than an hour from Orlando and its many popular attractions such as:
- 95 theme parks including Disney World, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Blizzard Beach, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, LegoLand, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Wet ‘n Wild
- 12 shopping malls
- 176 golf courses
- Over 5,000 restaurants
- Entertainment like Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba and Blue Man Group
- Dinner shows, dance clubs, night clubs, comedy clubs, pubs, etc.
- Indoor interactive entertainment complexes like DisneyQuest and Fun Spot
- 3rd most popular destination in U.S. for conventions after Las Vegas & Chicago
- Orlando International Airport is 3rd busiest in U.S.
As I mentioned, I take my family to Orlando at least once a year. But I’m certainly not the only one. Over 57 million tourists visit each year, making it the most popular tourist destination in the U.S.
Every Home Comes with a Pool
The homes at Solterra are all large – 5 and 6 bedrooms with lots of bathrooms – a perfect fit for friends and family on vacation. There are plenty of great styles from which to choose.
The homes come loaded with great features including a private swimming pool.
- Standard tile roofs
- GE stainless steel appliances
- GE washer and dryer
- Timberlake cabinets with follow-through granite countertops
- Culture marble countertops, integrated sink in all baths
- 2” faux wood blinds throughout
- 18” x 18” ceramic tile flooring throughout first floor and in all wet areas
- Private 14’ x 28’ swimming pool with included spa and heater
Investment Potential as a Rental Property
Davenport, where Solterra lies, is in Polk County. Homeowners in Polk are allowed to rent out their homes on a short-term basis, even daily. By comparison, Orange County, which encompasses Orlando, has restrictions on residential short-term rentals.
If you’re interested in Solterra as an investment or even as a second home that you rent out when you’re not there, the flexibility with short-term rentals will appeal to you.
Approximate rental rates in the area, as provided by a local management company handling rental homes in the area are:
- 5 Bedrooms: $556 per night – $3,895 weekly
- 6 Bedrooms: $631 per night – $4,420 weekly
- 7 Bedrooms: $1,070 per night – $7,495 weekly
- 5 Bedrooms: $306 per night – $2,145 weekly
- 6 Bedrooms: $331 per night – $2,320 weekly
- 7 Bedrooms: $456 per night – $3,195 weekly
$5,000 Toward Closing Costs for CHC Clients
At Solterra, there are spec homes that can close within a month. There are also homes that can be custom-built, which takes five to six months.
Solterra homes range in size from 2,104 sq. ft. to 4,085 sq. ft. Prices start at $342,990 and go up to $449,900. Condo Hotel Center customers will receive $5,000 toward closing costs from the developer. Financing is available.
Want to learn more? Request my detailed data sheet at the link below. You’ll just need to provide your full name and contact information per the developer’s requirements.
Orlando, Here We Come
As always, thank you for reading my Property Alerts. Please feel free to forward them to anyone you know who might be considering buying a vacation home in Florida or any of the other great places we feature.
Now I’m off to pack my bathing suit and sunscreen for our spring family vacation. Orlando, here we come!
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Condo Hotel Center
1368 NW 165th Ave.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Want to know more about me? Click below:
Follow us on Facebook.
© Condo Hotel Center. All rights reserved. No portion of this Property Alert may be reproduced, exhibited or distributed without the express written permission of Condo Hotel Center. Condo Hotel Center takes copyright infringement seriously. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Although Condo Hotel Center believes the information contained in this Property Alert to be accurate and complete, Condo Hotel Center can make no such guarantee. All features and descriptions are subject to change.
Please speak with your personal legal and financial advisors to determine whether this property is suitable for your objectives.