New Construction – Oceana Bal Harbour
Waterfront Condos Offering an Exclusive, Pampered Lifestyle
October 23, 2013
When I was a kid, traveling everywhere by bicycle, I once visited the Shops of Bal Harbour with my buddy Mark. The Shops of Bal Harbour is the Rodeo Drive of South Florida. Nothing but the finest stores, boutiques and restaurants at prices that I realized then I would never be able to afford.
I remember how out of place Mark and I felt looking at all those impeccably dressed shoppers, as they browsed Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and all the designer shops whose names we’d never heard of.
Now, about 30 years later, I find myself back in that same neck of the woods, but this time I’m not wearing cut-off shorts, and I didn’t get here by bike. I’m here researching today’s featured property, which is just as luxurious and upscale as I remembered Bal Harbour to be.
Just like “The Shops” that proudly bear its name, Bal Harbour, intimate in size but world-class in stature, contains one square mile of pure paradise. It has always been an exclusive area of elegance with some of the most expensive private homes and five-star hotels in South Florida.
Today’s featured property is Oceana Bal Harbour, and it’s to be built on the site of what was once the Bal Harbour Beach Club. Oceana Bal Harbour will be a single 28-story tower with 239 oceanfront condos.
The condos will offer unobstructed views of South Florida beaches, the Intracoastal Waterway, and city highlights like the Bal Harbour Shops.
Building Features Meant to Impress
Oceana Bal Harbour will feature expansive green lawns that stretch all the way to the sand and a gracious staff that attends to residents’ needs. Amenities will include:
- Large relaxation pool
- Olympic-style lap pool
- Two oceanfront jetted spas
- Poolside restaurant (bar & grill)
- Fitness center with ocean view
- Yoga/meditation/Pilates area
- Two tennis courts
- World-class spa
- Grand salon for entertainment events
- Chef’s kitchen & bar within salon
- Private climate control wine locker
- Business center/Meeting room
- Library with lounge and private area
- Billiards & ping pong recreational area
- Multi-purpose kids activity room
- Private cinema / Media room
The Oceana lifestyle will come with full services including:
- Five-star international concierge services
- Advanced high-tech, multi-level security
- Valet parking
- Smart building access to residence functions
- Beach and pool-side services
The condos at Oceana Bal Harbour will feature floor-to-ceiling windows offering unobstructed views of both the Intracoastal Waterway on the west and the magnificent Atlantic Ocean to the east. They’ll have extra-deep balconies overlooking manicured park spaces, idyllic marinas, picturesque sidewalk cafes, chic shops, and some of South Florida’s most gorgeous beaches.
The flow-through residences will have private elevators that open directly into the condo. Ten-foot high ceilings will add to their spacious feeling.
The kitchens will have top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances including a double oven and cappuccino maker. A chef’s island will contain an oversized Gaggenau cooktop and gourmet wine cellar for over 70 bottles. The countertops will be made of exotic, imported stone and the cabinetry will be custom designed by renowned decorator Piero Lissoni.
The condos will feature a large master suite overlooking the ocean and beach. The ensuite will have a European wet bathroom design with an oversized vessel soaking tub, teak shower flooring, stone countertops from Italy, a towel heater and automatic Toto toilet with integrated bidet functions. I can only imagine what that last item is capable of, but I’m told that it not only works bidet, but also by night. 🙂
A Prime Location
Oceana Bal Harbour will sit directly on Bal Harbour beach, just moments from Haulover Park and the inlet, less than a mile from the Bal Harbour Shops, and about 20 minutes up A1A to exciting South Beach.
- The Bal Harbour Shops: As one of the most noted shopping venues in the world, this center features only the finest retailers, including Fendi, Channel, Gucci, Prada, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus and numerous restaurants and cafes in an impressive tropical-garden setting. A $200 million expansion is planned to begin soon that would add 250,000 square feet of retail space, including 100,000 square feet of department stores, and at least 20 specialty retail boutiques, along with a luxury theater and two new parking garages by 2016.
- Haulover Beach: Nestled between the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean, Haulover Beach is famous for its crystal sand and tropical waves and has been featured on the Travel Channel’s “Top Beaches List.”
- South Beach: World renowned as an international hot spot of fine dining, entertainment, and nightlife, South Beach also has some of the state’s finest beaches. It also is home to the Miami Beach Convention Center, the Jackie Gleason Theater of the Performing Arts, the Miami City Ballet, New World Symphony, Bass Museum the Fillmore Theatre and Lincoln Road, popular for its shopping, dining and sidewalk cafes.
Oceana Bal Harbour will have convenient access to major highways and is less than 30 minutes from Miami International Airport and both the Miami and Fort Lauderdale ports where the cruise ships anchor.
A First-Class Development Team
The developer of Oceana Bal Harbour is Consultatio USA, led by Argentine developer Eduardo Costantini, who paid $220 million for the site of the former Bal Harbour Beach Club. This was the last developable oceanfront site in Bal Harbour, and quite possibly, the best because of its location overlooking both the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. Consultatio USA intends to invest $600 million into the completed development.
Arquitectonica, which has designed buildings in 40 countries around the world and is the leading architect in the Miami area, is designing Oceana Bal Harbour. The interior will be created by Piero Lissoni, an esteemed Italian designer responsible for numerous luxurious hotels and residences throughout the world.
Finally, Oceana Bal Harbour joins the exclusive company of world-famous museums by becoming the permanent home of not one, but two, larger-than-life original sculptures by Jeff Koons. The works, “Pluto and Proserpina” and “Ballerina” are valued at $14 million and will be owned jointly by Oceana residents.
Prices Start at $2 Million+
Oceana Bal Harbour already broke ground earlier this month, October 2013. It is expected to be completed by the last quarter of 2016.
Oceana Bal Harbor will have a mix of two-, three- and four-bedroom, designer-ready condos on the lower 25 floors. The top three floors will feature four penthouses and three duplex upper-penthouses respectively. Unit sizes will range from 2,000-4,200 square feet. Prices start at $2 million-plus.
Detailed pricing and floor plans will be provided soon by the developer. In the meantime, I’ve put together all the details that are available into a data sheet, which is yours for the asking. You just need to register at the link below per the developer’s requirements.
Full Circle – Bal Harbour
It’s been over 30 years since my first visit to Bal Harbour Shops and now, here I am as an adult, selling real estate right near its doors. I’ve come full circle, and I’m proud to say, I no longer wear cutoffs.
As always, thanks for your interest in the properties we showcase. Please feel free to share our Property Alerts with friends interested in real estate.
If you’re in the market for a Florida condo or any of the many other properties we showcase worldwide, I hope you’ll give me a call.
Have a great day!
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Condo Hotel Center
1368 NW 165th Ave.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Want to know more about me? Click below: //www.condohotelcenter.com/joel-greene.html
Follow us on Facebook.
© Copyright 2013 Condo Hotel Center
*All rights reserved. No portion of this Property Alert may be reproduced, exhibited or distributed without the express written permission of Condo Hotel Center. Although Condo Hotel Center believes the information contained in this Property Alert to be accurate and complete, Condo Hotel Center can make no such guarantee.