Metropica will be a $1 billion-plus, master-planned community, destined to transform western Broward County. Located on 65 acres in the heart of Sunrise, a fast growing suburb of the Ft. Lauderdale market, this property will offer condos and townhomes.
The vision behind Metropica is to redefine today’s modern urban lifestyle by providing a place where work and play and life all happen seamlessly, together. Metropica will encompass:
- Up to 2,500 condos
- 300 town homes
- 620,000 sq. ft. of stores, restaurants & entertainment
- 3,600 retail area parking spaces
- 500,000 sq. ft. of office space
- Tentative 125-room hotel
Metropica is one of the biggest new projects in South Florida and is expected to take 10 years to build out. This city-within-a-city is designed to be pedestrian-friendly with a park-like environment. It will have hiking, biking and walking paths as well as multiple outdoor play areas all set amidst a lush native landscape.
Other amenities include:
- Retail stores
- Multitude of restaurants
- 5-star health, wellness and fitness facility
- A resort-styled, South Beach inspired beach club
- Rooftop recreation including tennis club & mini-soccer fields
- Outdoor Wi-Fi stations
The site for Metropica is just west of the Sawgrass Mills mall at the northeast corner of Sunrise Boulevard and NW 136th Ave in Sunrise. It is within easy reach of the Sawgrass Expressway.
It’s also just a few miles from Sawgrass Mills, the mega-mall with nearly 2.4 million sq. ft. of retail and the Regal 23 Cinemas. It is the seventh largest mall in the United States and draws nearly as many annual visitors as Disney World to its 350 stores and eateries.
Metropica is also near other important destinations:
- 15 minutes to Fort Lauderdale Airport
- 20 minutes to Boca Raton
- 25 minutes to Fort Lauderdale Beach
- 35 minutes to Miami International Airport
- 45 minutes to downtown Miami
- 45 minutes to West Palm Beach
Metropica’s first residential building will be a 28-story high rise called YOO at Metropica/Tower 1. If will offer inspired interior design by the world-renowned YOO Studio.YOO is a recognized international lifestyle and design brand with 75 properties in 54 cities and 32 countries around the globe.
YOO at Metropica will have 263 condo units and the following amenities:
- Resort-style pool with sun-shelf lounging area
- Poolside cabanas
- Fully-equipped 24-hour fitness center with multipurpose studio
- Indoor & outdoor massage therapy rooms, steam room, sauna
- Two full-size tennis courts
- Outdoor area for yoga classes
- Outdoor cross-training facilities
- Indoor clubroom with bar, lounge, catering kitchen & event space
- Starbucks Coffee Lounge
- Outdoor summer kitchen and dining areas
- Outdoor game area
- Children’s indoor play areas
- Movie theater
- Bike share & repair facility
- Signature ‘Pet Respite’ with indoor pet facilities including grooming
- Climate-controlled storage facilities
- 24-hour concierge
- 24-hour security
The developer of YOO at Metropica has just begun accepting reservations for the first condo tower. Fully-finished and designed by YOO Design Studio, the condos will have spacious terraces with sunset views of the Everglades, smart-home technologies and imported porcelain tile flooring. The kitchens will have premium contemporary Italian cabinetry, imported granite countertops and upscale stainless steel appliances.
Additionally, a rental program administered by Metropica Realty will be available for residents who want to rent out their condos.
The developer intends to break ground on YOO at Metropica in early 2015 and complete construction by the end of 2016. Choose from one- to three-bedrooms and 609 sq. ft. to 1,582 sq. ft. Prices go from $230,000 to $538,000.
If you are interested in learning more about YOO at Metropica, please feel free to request our detailed data sheet. We will respond within 24 hours (usually much sooner). Contact Joel Greene at Joel@CondoHotelCenter.com or call (954) 450-1929.